The new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Students Loan Trust Fund, Mr. Kwaku Agyei Yeboah, assumed the high office on April 18, 2017, and held his first meeting with Management and Staff of the Trust Fund on April 20, 2017. The interaction was one of familiarization and for the CEO to espouse his Strategy for steering the Fund in line with the objective and functions of the Students Loan Trust Fund as contained in Act 2011, Act 820 of the SLTF.
In his statement to Management and Staff, Mr. Agyei Yeboah pledged to use his varied experiences and expertise to build the Fund by expansion and increase visibility and bring the Fund to a world class status. The CEO further posited that he would create a congenial environment where every worker would relish attendance to work. He also emphasized his belief in ensuring gender equality, and youth empowerment. He is poised to play a mentoring role for Management and Staff; as well as capacity building for staff.
The pointers to the Vision of the CEO were:
- To broaden the frontiers of publicity for the Fund, to reach every nook and cranny of the country and to include the Diaspora
- Use best practices to improve Loan Repayment & Recovery
- To beef up IT support for the Fund
- Encourage the establishment of a robust Public Relations team
- Change the orientation that adds zest to the stigmatization of the students’ loan as a facility for the poor, and
- Mobilise resources for the sound management of the Fund
The new CEO, Mr. Kwaku Agyei Yeboah, is an Alumnus of the University of Ghana with over thirty (30) years’ experience in Social Work administration both locally and abroad, including but not limited to: Education, Policy Formulation; Programme development/design; Project implementation; Mass communication; as well as Conflict Management and Resolution. Mr. Agyei Yeboah also has a passion for Fundraising; and Events’ Organisation and Management.