The Students Loan Trust Fund wishes to recruit suitable candidates to fill the positions of Assistant Information Systems Manager and Deputy Director, Internal Audit.
Assistant Information Systems Manager (Full-Stack Web Developer)
Reports Directly To: Information Systems Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the elicitation and documentation of requirements, development, testing and documentation of business application software (web, mobile & desktop) based on Agile methodology.
- Implement and maintain systems
- Design User Interfaces to improve user experience
- Produce fully functional software applications by writing clean code
- Design, develop and administer Relational Database Management Systems.
- Design reports using the appropriate reporting tool.
- Troubleshoot and debug business applications and computer related issues in a timely & accurate fashion to optimize performance
- Maintains the organization’s website.
- Carry out training of personnel on ICT systems.
- Provide status reports on project progress and outstanding issues.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Communication Technology, Engineering, Project Management or any other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution.
- A relevant industry skill-based certification(s) would be an added advantage
- Must have completed one (1) year of national service
- Excellent working knowledge in C#, ASP.NET Core, API, Entity Framework Core
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft SQL and T-SQL
- Stay up-to-date with new technological trends.
- Knowledge in Version Control (preferably Git)
- Working knowledge of Mobile apps. Development using Flutter is a plus
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
Deputy Director, Internal Audit
REPORTS TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER BOARD OF TRUSTEES
SUPERVISES: AUDIT STAFF
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides inputs for the formulation of policies.
- Ensures the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies, programs and activities of the Unit.
- Ensures the efficient and effective management of the human, financial and material resources of the Unit.
- Monitors IT systems to ensure they follow policies and practices.
- Undertakes detailed audits of information technology systems and infrastructures to verify systems are secure and support the related applications or business processes.
- Prepares internal IT audit reports and submits recommendations.
- Ensures the development of the Fund’s audit universe and risk register.
- Ensures external audit queries are adequately responded to.
- Ensures the confirmation of deliverables before payment.
- Ensures the evaluation of the effectiveness of the internal control systems.
- Collaborates with the Internal Audit Agency and other related bodies in the performance of audit functions.
- Ensures the preparation of periodic and annual audit plans.
- Ensures the planning, implementation and maintenance of appropriate internal audit systems.
- Ensures compliance with internal audit, financial administration regulations, procedures and standards.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of governance and risk management systems.
- Ensures the conduct of pre-audits.
- Oversees the implementation of the performance management system within the Unit.
- Ensures the conduct of periodic, special and annual audits.
- Ensures the preparation of budget and work plan for the Unit.
- Ensures the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Unit.
- Supervises and appraises the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Auditing or any other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Must be a chartered member of a recognized and relevant professional body (e.g. ICA-GH, ACCA, CPA or CIMA).
- A member of the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) will be an added advantage
- Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of eight (8) years post-bachelors or its professional equivalent relevant work experience, four (4) years of which must be in Senior Management position.
- Proficient in using computer software (e.g., ACL, SQL, Excel) and application systems
- Good knowledge in financial management laws, regulations and fiscal policies.
- Good leadership and management skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Negotiating, lobbying and conflict management skills.
- Ability to inspire and motivate.
- Ability to review IT, operational and business risks, functions and activities, and evaluates client relations
- Knowledge in relevant IT applications.
- Good strategic management skills.
- Good analytical skills
- Knowledge in Risk management
- Knowledge in Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAAT)
- High integrity and good ethical standard
- Monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Knowledge in administrative procedures.
- Conflict management.
- Report writing skills.
How to apply:
Interested persons who meet the requirements may submit their applications and recent CVs with full contact details and names and addresses of three (3) referees to:
The Principal HR & Administration Manager
PMB CT 223
email firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate position applied for at the top left of the envelope or in the subject line of the email)
Closing date for the application is September 28 2022
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.